Stripping plaster from the walls is perhaps one of the most time consuming and messy jobs ever, but it will save you a fortune on builders fees if you do it yourself. Below are a selection of the tools you’ll need for the job, most you may already have, others you will use over and over again for many different jobs. (more…)
At some point during any decent sized DIY or renovation job it becomes a bit unrealistic trying to take stuff down to the local tip in the back of the car. This is the point when you need to hire a skip.
Renovation High Five – our first skip delivery.
What I used
Heather with the Bosch SDS Hammer Drill getting it on! (but v.importantly dust and eye protection)
- SDS Hammer Drill (£79)
- 2 x SDS Chisel Bits (swapped over regularly, £17 each)
- Proper Dust Protection Mask & Proper Sealed Eye Protection (this is single messiest job I’ve ever done short of swimming in sewage, £30 & my ski mask!). Please trust me, don’t skimp on these – they are essential.
- Old clothes (and boy, did they get destroyed)
- Time and effort (9 days in total, 63 hours)
- Money Spent – £143
- Est Money Saved – £3,500 to £4,000 (more…)